Sports

Jake Paul shoots down Tommy Fury's excuse for rejecting fight

Jake Paul has brutally ripped into Tommy Fury after the latter turned down a $15million pay-day to rematch his long-time rival in the ring. The pair have long continued to trade barbs online, even after seemingly settling their score two years ago. Despite being dropped in the final round of...

Jake Paul shoots down Tommy Fury's excuse for rejecting fight

Jake Paul has brutally ripped into Tommy Fury after the latter turned down a $15million pay-day to rematch his long-time rival in the ring. The pair have long continued to trade barbs online, even after seemingly settling their score two years ago. Despite being dropped in the final round of their Saudi showdown, Fury would go on to hand the YouTuber-turned-boxer the first loss of his professional career on points . Paul has since offered to fight the British star on several occasions. Back in June, the American expressed his desire to rematch 'TNT,' but Fury insisted he needed two or three more tune-up fights before stepping foot inside the squared-circle with the 'Problem Child' again The social media sensation ended up scoring an impressive victory over ex-champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr . Paul was due to make his return to the ring earlier this month against Gervonta Davis, but the event was cancelled after 'Tank' was accused of battery, false imprisonment and kidnapping by an ex-girlfriend. The 28-year-old reserved a slot in December incase anything came to fruition. After calling out the likes of Fury, Anthony Joshua and Terence Crawford, it was 'AJ' who accepted the call. Despite Paul's lucrative offer to Fury, the Brit ultimately refused, stating that he was unable to travel to America . However, Paul was left unimpressed by Fury's comments, insisting his team were not even trying to book the sequel in the U.S. "Well we were not trying to fight him in America. So, that was their excuse... 'you tried to get me to go to America! And I cannot come to America and you know that.' We had other options planned. I am not worried about Tommy right now. I am the only thing that he has and if he wants to fight at some point, he just has to be realistic," he said. After Fury had declined his rival's proposal, it did not take long for Paul to take to social media and speak his mind, as he posted: "Respect due to all the fighters that said yes. We had to put all options on the table and make a decision. Guess who didn’t say yes even for $15M. B*** made you and your father are, who controls everything you do. You are not a man. You are a boy. Daddy’s little boy." Fury refused to sit back and accept Paul's bold claims, hitting back with: "Offering me the fight in America… a place you know I can’t get to right now. Convenient. Offer me the same $15M anywhere else in the world and I’ll be there in eight weeks to shut you the f*** up and repeat what I did the first time. And ‘daddy’s little boy’? If anyone’s a son here it’s you… I gave you your first L." The British star is watched closely and trained by his father, John Fury. Fury Sr is unable to travel to America due to his criminal record. The 60-year-old had a slight stretch in prison, serving four years of an 11-year sentence for gouging out a man's eye. Paul does not appear to be losing any sleep over Fury's rejection, though, after he recently announced his stunning heavyweight showdown with Joshua. The pair are expected to clash on Friday, December 19 in Miami . The bout will be contested over eight three-minute rounds. Regardless of the outcome on fight night, the result will count on their respective professional records. Anthony Joshua and Jake Paul will clash in Miami on December 19, just six days before Christmas . The pair will likely walk to the ring at around 11pm local time which would be 4am in the UK. Fight times are usually set to benefit the American audience and are subject to change depending on how long the undercard takes to complete. The event is set to be shown live on Netflix .

Related Articles