World

‘No immigration breach, documents all valid’: Home Minister clarifies KLIA viral video

By Shikin Louis KOTA SAMARAHAN, Nov 29: Minister of Home Affairs Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution today clarified a viral video circulating online, insisting that there was no breach of immigration procedures at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). Speaking to reporters during a doorstep interview at Sekolah Kebangsaan Dato Mohammad Musa...

‘No immigration breach, documents all valid’: Home Minister clarifies KLIA viral video

By Shikin Louis

KOTA SAMARAHAN, Nov 29: Minister of Home Affairs Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution today clarified a viral video circulating online, insisting that there was no breach of immigration procedures at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).

Speaking to reporters during a doorstep interview at Sekolah Kebangsaan Dato Mohammad Musa here, Saifuddin explained that the video, which appeared to show individuals bypassing immigration checks, was misleading.

“First of all, what went viral yesterday is not an immigration counter. That is a pre-boarding check for passengers entering the aircraft. The uniform worn is that of auxiliary police, not immigration officers,” he said.

He added that the two individuals in the video, a Bosnian man and a Chinese woman, were verified to have valid passports and entered Malaysia through proper channels.

“Whatever their intention, the most important thing is that their passports are legitimate. We have their records. Their entry followed the correct procedures. Their travel documents are valid,” he added.

Saifuddin also noted that the viral clip showed them entering the plane, where passengers are required to present boarding passes along with passports—a standard international flight procedure.

When asked if the video was just for content creation, the minister said the motives were unclear but promised investigation.

“Only the individuals know the motive. If the intent was to damage the country’s image or question our security, action will follow according to the law,” he asserted.

He further pointed out that this was not the first instance. Previously, similar reports emerged in Thailand, but in all cases, the individuals entered and exited legally.

“Their content might suggest that crossing borders is easy, but the documents are all valid. If such cases persist, we will take action under existing laws,” he emphasised.

Recently, a TikTok video went viral for showing a security personnel inspecting the allegedly forged passport of a foreign national at KLIA 2. After several minutes of checks, the individual was allowed to board the aircraft.

On Nov 26, Immigration Director-General Datuk Zakaria Shaaban told Sinar Harian that they are currently investigating the matter, treating the allegation with utmost seriousness. – DayakDaily

Related Articles